hits
online
Thursday, January 18, 2007
10.20 doesn't really cut it. But I'll let it go for now, since it's the first. Hopefully it'll be under 10 with season right round the bend.
Speaking of which, yesterday's match against the saints was fine! A loss by 4 tries to 1, but no less showed much gut and passion. Yes. I think we are ready to rock and roll (: If yesterday was anything to go by, it was a good workout to pin-point mistakes and to correct them before season comes. Nabhan's try yesterday was memorable. I was telling people, if we had it videotaped and sent to ESPN, I'd bet it'll be among the top 10 sports highlights heh.
And yes. I'll be legal to poke balls soon hahah :D
You know, I was watching 'The Arena' a couple of nights back and the motion that night was on 'self-centredness' I think. And a girl from the StNick's side brought up an argument that struck a chord within me.
She argued something the lines of everyone
IS
self-centred. To a certain extent. But the main thing is, we all are. And a certain example she gave was worth a thought.
'When someone gives up his/her seat in the bus to an elderly, is it really because the person is being altruistic? Or is the person doing it so he/she can please the conscience? Isn't it self-centred to do something to make yourself feel good?'
My take?
Some people are truly others-centred and they believe in the virtue of doing good. Not merely just doing it because they want people to see them in a certain light. If the deed is done in that spirit and ill motivation, then it's self-centredness. I don't see a bad thing about making yourself feel good. Unless it's at the unwilling expense of another person. But in the case of giving up your seat, it has altruism written all over. Selflessness is the free giving of oneself after all.(A great example is Christ himself)
And while we're on the topic of being self-centredness, I'll give my view. What is self-centredness afterall?
Let's face it. The StNick's student does have a point. We certainly are selfish. It's a matter of how much. I'd like to think of it as an internal ongoing battle inside our minds. A struggle. A battle of whether to be truly selfless or the choice to go down the road of me myself and I. Choice. That's a keyword. A less selfish person is merely one who chooses to do the higher good, or lesser evil (if people argue that being selfless is for our own conscience to be at ease) whichever the case, more often than he chooses to be selfish.
No one can be completely selfless. That's sick. It's as though you're a servant or something. I mentioned struggle. If a person struggles to be selfless then he truly is charitable. Because struggle shows growth. It's the choice.
mhm. Oh man. I'm hooked to Muse. They're rocking the stereo. Thanks Nat :D
because the ladder's on the wrong wall, perhaps?
7:54 pm
HANSEL RAPHAEL
♥: ManUtd, Rugby, Football, Bridge, Limeade & A good book.
Be happy <3
3
LINKED
Julian.
Iddie.
Aloy.
Nat.
Neek.
Hyo Seok.
Nicolas.
Mel.
Jon Chen.
Belmond.
Olga.
Edwin.
Moses.
Mandi.
Milli.
Francis.
Eugene.
Edgar.
Alex.
Jared.
Gabriel.
Andrea.
Michelle.
Zumanijovi.
Glenn.
Daniel.
Chris.
Ian.
Mon.
Joey.
Jervis.
Gideon.
Zul.
Charmaine.
Mathias.
Michael.
Zachary.
Marcus.
Barney.
Bentoh.
Gabby.
Gretch.
K7.
Jit Yong.
Ed-T.
Roth.
Po Xian.
Glen.
Wang Guan.
Jeremy.
Aaron.
Nigel.
SamB.
Jason.
Marc.
Sean.
Josh.
Zhen He.
Melvin.
Calvin.
Keith.
ENJOYED
Blogskins
SJI Prefects
321
Sanctus Spiritus Choir
QOAS
Gilbert Koh
Friendster
DAGBOART
October 2004
November 2004
March 2005
April 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
June 2008
January 2009
June 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
February 2020
May 2020
June 2020
July 2020
August 2020
September 2020
October 2020
November 2020
December 2020
January 2021
February 2021
March 2021
April 2021
May 2021
July 2021
August 2021
October 2021
November 2021
December 2021
January 2022
March 2022
July 2022
August 2022
September 2022
November 2022
December 2022
February 2023
July 2023
February 2024
LAYOUT
♠
♠
♠
♠