hits
online
Sunday, December 31, 2006
5 minutes to 2007.
Looks like it'll be 1 January once I'm done with this post.
I haven't been updating since don't know when. But I'll start from D&D.
Friday 29 Dec.
D&D was quite an experience I must say, eye-opener perhaps. I find it rather heartening to see a bunch of sec4s successfully organizing and running such a large scale social event. FUEL did a fantastic job, really. All from the promoting of the event right down to getting everyone in the groove and mood for the night (: Of course with many thank yous to Uncle Greg and Auntie Liz.
Ambience at the Grassroots club was just nice. Nice in a sense that it had a feel of a proper dining yet also with a debonair and effervescent light- heartedness to it. The Con3 dance item was just enough to kick start the whole evening with a boom. Great job guys (: considering the point that you guys didn't have much time. (I affirm you haha)
It was also Annie's birthday haha, and she looked really cute in her piglet outfit heh. The theme was masquerade, hence explaining the costumes. HALMM all came in costumes and very interesting ones too. What with the Grim Reaper and Cleopatra. Pretty much kept us laughing our heads off during the best-dressed contest :D
Dance was a slight bummer hahaha. I won't say why heh. Finished off at twelvish, and I hitched a ride home from Angie's dad.
OH. And now I have this
HUGE
lollipop, and I have absolutely no idea where to start :D
Saturday 30 Dec.
Spent this day doing gardening. Most of it cutting grass anyway. The house doesn't have a mower so it was manual all the way for Mr. Backyard. So Petra Emil Simeon and I brought out out scissors and grasscutters to start our 'deforestation'. I never knew that we had so many species of spiders in our backyard man :S
Well, actually we cut the grass because we planned to have a BBQ at night. Which we did.
MARSHMALLOWS
over the fire are the
BEST
. So ends this day. A special day.
Sunday New Year's Eve.
Today was draggy. The last day of the year. Imagine. The last 24 hours of 2006. And here I am blogging into 2007. My first post haha.
Anyway, during this time of the year where people look back and say to themselves 'oh that day was fantastic' or 'I can't remember myself being more spastic then this year', I can't see a big significance. Maybe our human minds only trigger reflection and memories only just because 2006 is counting down its last few minutes. Nothing that pasts will come again. That's when people say carpe diem. Seize the day.
Then it strikes me.
Why must it only be the end of the year when we use to reflect? Why must we wait annually to look back and laugh and groan at ourselves. Resolutions come in all shapes and sizes. Why wait till year end?
Carpe diem is seizing the day afterall. Not the year.
So why not an examen for everyday? People say they learn when they look back. Then certainly by looking back everyday, we learn 365 times more than if we look back annually. Right?
It's ironic that to move forward we have to look back. Someone once told me that reflection is like waiting at the bus stop. You want to take a bus to bring you somewhere, that's moving forward. Yet, you have to turn back in the opposite direction to watch the buses that are coming and spot the one that will take you to your destination. That. That is reflection.
And I guess this is my reflection for 2006. Tears and pain, joy and laughter. These things have come and gone, but if we've gained nothing from it, the lessons will be taught again. And again. Until they're learnt.
It's time for 2007.
Have a blessed
New Year
everyone (:
11:55 pm
HANSEL RAPHAEL
♥: ManUtd, Rugby, Football, Bridge, Limeade & A good book.
Be happy <3
3
LINKED
Julian.
Iddie.
Aloy.
Nat.
Neek.
Hyo Seok.
Nicolas.
Mel.
Jon Chen.
Belmond.
Olga.
Edwin.
Moses.
Mandi.
Milli.
Francis.
Eugene.
Edgar.
Alex.
Jared.
Gabriel.
Andrea.
Michelle.
Zumanijovi.
Glenn.
Daniel.
Chris.
Ian.
Mon.
Joey.
Jervis.
Gideon.
Zul.
Charmaine.
Mathias.
Michael.
Zachary.
Marcus.
Barney.
Bentoh.
Gabby.
Gretch.
K7.
Jit Yong.
Ed-T.
Roth.
Po Xian.
Glen.
Wang Guan.
Jeremy.
Aaron.
Nigel.
SamB.
Jason.
Marc.
Sean.
Josh.
Zhen He.
Melvin.
Calvin.
Keith.
ENJOYED
Blogskins
SJI Prefects
321
Sanctus Spiritus Choir
QOAS
Gilbert Koh
Friendster
DAGBOART
October 2004
November 2004
March 2005
April 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
June 2008
January 2009
June 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
February 2020
May 2020
June 2020
July 2020
August 2020
September 2020
October 2020
November 2020
December 2020
January 2021
February 2021
March 2021
April 2021
May 2021
July 2021
August 2021
October 2021
November 2021
December 2021
January 2022
March 2022
July 2022
August 2022
September 2022
November 2022
December 2022
February 2023
July 2023
February 2024
LAYOUT
♠
♠
♠
♠